Thomas and Elizabeth Wright made their home in Waikiki. Thomas was a carriage maker who came to Hawaiʻi with two brothers who operated a carriage business. Their home was built in about 1890, on the water, across from Uluniu Street on Kalākaua. The Wrights opened their home as a bath house and accommodations (food and lodging.) It was initially known as Wright’s Villa. It received favorable success.
The Wrights left in 1899 and returned to Staindrop, England, never to return to the Islands, and ES Buhlon joined other property with Wright’s Villa and became known as the ‘Waikīkī Inn.’ Today, the home of Thomas and Elizabeth Wright is now a small patch of grass and a sandy beach, just ‘Ewa of the hula mound and banyan tree at Kūhiō Beach on Waikīkī.