In 1927, the Reverend Benjamin Parker School (originally called Kāneʻohe School) opened in Kāneʻohe, Oʻahu. It started as an elementary and intermediate school, grades 1-8. Over the years, it expanded in size and grades taught; in 1937 it became an elementary and high school, grades 1-12.
Ground was broken in 1949 for a new windward school. On “January 2, 1951, Principal Clinton Kanahele and his 700 students of Benjamin Parker Elementary and High School made their move to the new Benjamin Parker Annex on Kāne‘ohe Bay Drive.” “At the start of the 1951-1952 school year, the name changed to James B Castle High and Intermediate School.”